So, the last time I posted I had just started on the Game. I had a good idea of what I wanted to do, had a basic app structure in place and a book on Introduction to Game Development by Steve Rabin in hand. And of course, a developer’s best friend – The Search Engine.
Here’s what I’ve accomplishes so far.
- A basic working version of the game with aliens coming down the screen, and a battleship which has the capability to launch missiles to destroy the aliens
- A metadata driven level complexity – i.e. the number of aliens, their resilience, etc.
- An online leaderboard which shows the top scorers
What’s left to be done
- Improving the leaderboard to allow pagination and sorting, showing the current weeks top scorers, and other similar features
- improving the images for the battleship and the aliens and their spaceships
- quite a few bug-fixes here and there – some quite severe, others not so much.
Here are a few screenshots.